A P P R E N T I C E - 400&118

A long flight of stairs led to the atelier. The stairs bent slightly to the left before culminating in a door. Stepping inside, immediately you found yourself inside an atelier percolating with sawdust. I don't remember the sounds, but from what I'm told, it was always extremely noisy. What I mostly remember is the astringent air composed of the smell of sweat, sawdust and glue. Again, as far as I've been told, it was crowded in there. I remember a single person. The young apprentice who, with his fluffy black hair and thick mustache extending down the sides of his mouth, resembled Frank Zappa. It was for my benefit when he pretended to gobble down a full pot of glue. It's a carpenter's joke: Dip your index finger into the glue and bring it to your mouth, quickly switch fingers and lick the middle one instead. Check out this Zappa eating glue!
more detail: 400x118
site-specific intallation, ceramic, wood and plaster sculptures in various dimention, found objects, photo prints, charcoal on paper, hard ground etching-drypoint, sawdust.